FireSmart SSI Rebate Program
Island residents may be eligible for a rebate up to $250 to assist with labour and materials related to a FireSmart Residential Assessment on Salt Spring Island.
Rebates are limited to 50% of the total cost of eligible activities and no more than $250 per property. This rebate is available until January 31, 2024, under the provincial FireSmart Community Supports Funding. The fund is limited, homeowners are encouraged to apply for the rebate early.
In order to obtain a rebate, you must complete a few steps:
- Apply for a FireSmart Residential Assessment here.
- A Local FireSmart Representative (LFR) from SSIFR will assess your home and make recommendations with a primary assessment.
- Complete work around your home (eligible activities), as per recommendations from your FireSmart Residential Assessment (save your receipts).
- Contact SSIFR at the same link above to book a second FireSmart Residential Assessment.
- An SSIFR LFR will conduct a secondary FireSmart Residential Assessment, make a copy of your receipt(s) for completed work and issue a rebate-cheque requisition.
- Celebrate a job well done!
Applications will be accepted until the FireSmart Economic Recovery Fund is fully allocated.