We are pleased to offer the Salt Spring Island community the convenience of applying online for fire permits.
A few things to keep in mind prior to submitting your request:
- You must be one of the following
- property owner
- have a Power of Attorney from the property owner
- Grant of Probate/Administration from the property owne
- legal representative of a Strata or Corporation
- Please review the Salt Spring Island Fire Protection District Open Burning Bylaw No. 125
- Please review additional information on our Burning Regulations page.
ONLINE FIRE PERMIT APPLICATIONS
BACKYARD BURN & CAMPFIRE PERMIT
Use this permit for campfires, incinerators and backyard burns.
Validity of permit is a calendar year – January 1 to December 31, EXCEPT DURING FIRE BANS.
LAND CLEARING/MACHINE PILE BURN PERMIT
Please contact us by phone 250-537-2531 or visit our office at 105 Lower Ganges Road (Monday to Thursday 9 am – 4 pm) if you require a permit for land clearing/machine pile burns.
For more information regarding Machine Pile permits, visit our Land Clearing/Machine Pile Burning Regulations page.