OPEN BURNING RESTRICTIONS ISSUED FOR ALL HIGH SMOKE SENSITIVITY ZONES IN BRITISH COLUMBIA
Due to health reasons surrounding COVID-19 the Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy in collaboration with provincial public health partners has issued open burning restrictions for all High Smoke Sensitivity Zones across the province until Wednesday April 15th, 2020.
We are pleased to offer the Salt Spring Island community the convenience of applying online for fire permits.
A few things to keep in mind prior to submitting your request:
- You must be one of the following
- property owner
- have a Power of Attorney from the property owner
- Grant of Probate/Administration from the property owner
- legal representative of a Strata or Corporation
- Please review the Salt Spring Island Fire Protection District Open Burning Bylaw No. 125
- Please review additional information on our Burning Regulations page.
ONLINE FIRE PERMIT APPLICATIONS
Use this permit as the property owner or authorized third party for land clearing/machine pile burns.
Validity of permit is for a two (2) week period from date of issuance, EXCEPT DURING FIRE BANS, and subject to the Venting Index – which must indicate ‘GOOD‘ on the day the burn is initiated, followed by ‘GOOD‘ or ‘FAIR‘ on the next day.