BURNING RESTRICTION FOR SALT SPRING ISLAND
Despite the rescindment of the Coastal Fire Centre’s ban on open fires, Category A and Category B fires (anything larger than a campfire) are still prohibited within the Salt Spring Island Fire Protection District boundaries. SSIFR will continue to monitoring the weather and fire risk conditions daily for our community.
We are pleased to offer the Salt Spring Island community the convenience of applying online for fire permits.
A few things to keep in mind prior to submitting your request:
- You must be one of the following
- property owner
- have a Power of Attorney from the property owner
- Grant of Probate/Administration from the property owne
- legal representative of a Strata or Corporation
- Please review the Salt Spring Island Fire Protection District Open Burning Bylaw No. 125
- Please review additional information on our Burning Regulations page.
ONLINE FIRE PERMIT APPLICATIONS
MACHINE PILE BURN PERMIT
Use this permit as the property owner or authorized third party for land clearing/machine pile burns.
Validity of permit is for a two (2) week period from date of issuance, EXCEPT DURING FIRE BANS, and subject to the Venting Index – which must indicate ‘GOOD‘ on the day the burn is initiated, followed by ‘GOOD‘ or ‘FAIR‘ on the next day.