Home    Contact Us    Dial 911 for all Emergencies The Local Fire Hazard is:      EARLY SHIFT IS IN EFFECT   
banner
allowed burning Due to heightened risk of Fire, NO BURNING is being allowed.            
TOTAL FIRE BAN IN EFFECT. High Risk Activities are on early shift.

Public Safety


Fire Smart

BC Wildfire Service - Fire Smart Page

Home Owners Fire Smart Manual
3.7Mb Adobe .pdf download


Extinguishing a cooking fire the right way...


The following article appeared in the November 16th, 2011 Gulf Islands Driftwood newspaper.

Car exhaust identified as CO culprit

Elizabeth Nolan - Gulf Islands Driftwood
Published: November 22, 2011 5:00 PM
Updated: November 22, 2011 5:57 PM

Salt Spring Fire-Rescue has confirmed the carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning that occurred at Kingfisher Cove and affected 16 victims last week was caused by a car that was left accidentally running in a garage...

To read the rest of this story please visit the Gulf Islands Driftwood.

For more information on the dangers of Carbon Monoxide poisoning (CO) please take a look at the following video.

top of page


All content Copyright © Salt Spring Island Fire Protection District (SSIFPD) and
Salt Spring Island Fire/Rescue, 2017

For technical issues, please send email here.
For all other inquiries please see our contact page.