We are pleased to offer the Salt Spring Island community the convenience of applying online for fire permits.
A few things to keep in mind prior to submitting your request:
- You must be one of the following
- property owner
- have a Power of Attorney from the property owner
- Grant of Probate/Administration from the property owner
- legal representative of a Strata or Corporation
- Please review the Salt Spring Island Fire Protection District Open Burning Bylaw No. 125
- Please review additional information on our Burning Regulations page
ONLINE FIRE PERMIT APPLICATIONS
COMPLETE Fire ban in effect as of July 18, 2018 – no campfires, backyard burns or incinerators allowed until further notice.
Use this permit for campfires, incinerators and backyard burns.
Validity of permit is a calendar year – January 1 to December 31 , EXCEPT DURING FIRE BANS.
MACHINE PILE BURN PERMIT
Fire ban in effect as of May 18, 2018 – NO PERMITS ALLOWED!
Use this permit as the property owner or authorized third party for land clearing/machine pile burns.
Validity of permit is for a two (2) week period from date of issuance (EXCEPT DURING FIRE BANS) and subject to the Venting Index – which must indicate ‘GOOD‘ on the day the burn is initiated, followed by ‘GOOD‘ or ‘FAIR‘ on the next day.