We are pleased to offer the Salt Spring Island community the convenience of applying online for fire permits.
A few things to keep in mind prior to submitting your request:
- You must be one of the following
- property owner
- have a Power of Attorney from the property owner
- Grant of Probate/Administration from the property owner
- legal representative of a Strata or Corporation
- Please review the Salt Spring Island Fire Protection District Open Burning Bylaw No. 125
- Please review additional information on our Burning Regulations page
ONLINE FIRE PERMIT APPLICATIONS
Use this permit for campfires, incinerators and backyard burns.
Validity of permit is a calendar year – January 1 to December 31 , EXCEPT DURING FIRE BANS.
Use this permit as the property owner or authorized third party for land clearing/machine pile burns.
Validity of permit is for a two (2) week period from date of issuance (EXCEPT DURING FIRE BANS) and subject to the Venting Index – which must indicate ‘GOOD‘ on the day the burn is initiated, followed by ‘GOOD‘ or ‘FAIR‘ on the next day.
Use this form if you are an absent property owner and wish to advise the Salt Spring Island Fire Protection District that no fire permits are to be issued for your property.